Friday, August 31, 2012

The Sexy, Sassy, Sensational letter S

Myndi Shafer gave us her list of top ten Beloved "B" words. Kathy Owen picked up the ball and Regurgitated a bunch of "R" words, Coleen Patrick shared her Love for the letter "L" and this whole thing was off and running.

I dropped a major hint to get my favorite letter – S. And I’ll warn ya up front that I’m gonna cheat and Sneak in a few extra "S" words.

1. S
henanigans

May we never be too old to cut up and horse around and just be Silly.


2. Self-Confidence

That "the Sky is the limit, I can do it" feeling!

Photo by Frank Selmo, WANA Commons
(Phew, that's giving me vertigo!)


3. Sexy

Does this really need an explanation. I think not!

And this is a G-rated blog, So Sorry, no pic for this one.
 

4. S
assy

(Hubs took this one. Our friend's shoes she wore for her wedding.)

5. Strong

Not he-man strong, but emotionally strong. Although muscles aren’t a bad thing either.

I searched WANA Commons for a "muscle" picture. I got four shots of "muscle cars" and one other pic that I definitely am not putting on a G-rated blog! (Okay, I know you're all gonna abandon me and jump over there to see what I'm talking about, so if you promise to stick around until the end of this post, I'll give you the link.)


6. Sunsets

Especially at the Seashore!


photo by M.G. Edwards, WANA Commons
7. Sensitive

My mom always told me, when I was a kid, "You’re just too sensitive. You’ve got to stop wearing your heart on your sleeve." As an adult, I came to realize that we don’t have a lot of control over this. It’s an innate thing. Runs in the family (ironically, in her family).

And it’s not a bad thing. I may feel more pain at times, but I also feel more pleasure and passion (for things like my writing; get your mind out of the gutter ;-)
 

8. S
urvivors


Which brings us back to Strong. People who face adversity and come out the other end in a better place.
 

9. S
weet

(Didn’t want to Stay too Serious for too long)

As in personality trait (which I Sadly lack but appreciate in others), and also as in cute little critters and luscious edibles, especially when chocolate is involved.


photo by ambernwest, WANA Commons
















photo by thesparechangekitchen, WANA Commons















10. Sisterhood

Sorry, guys, I love you dearly, but there’s nothing quite like my female friends to keep me Sane!
 
11. (Not only do I cheat, I am also mathematically-challenged)
Shafer, as in one Stray-Sock-away-from-insanity Myndi. Which brings us back to Shenanigans!
 

What’s your favorite "S" word (keep it clean, now)?


As promised, here is the muscle picture

Also, Myndi just released her new book,  Shrilugh  I'm about halfway through it and it is great!


(Kassandra Lamb is a retired psychotherapist turned mystery writer. She writes the Kate Huntington mystery series.)


11 comments:

  1. O-la-la! Yeah, you know I clicked it :-) Hmmmm...my favorite S word is Serendipity.
    Life's magical way of taming chaos. Oh, also Science. Love me some Science. And one more...Sassafras! Just because it's fun to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "S" might be one of my favorites too. I once had a character whose name started with "S" and the alliteration in the manuscript was awful! Today my favorite "S" word is Sunflower, since they're coming up in Spades by me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should feel "satisfaction" for a "superb" job Kassandra!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love them-thar sparkly shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Thanks, Karen. And yes, Shannon, Sassafras is fun to say. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. With a teaser like that who could refrain from clicking THAT link????? Ummm. Yeah. I cannot tell a lie . . . but that's all I'm sayin' about that!

    My favorite S word - there's only one that can top that list -
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

    Dick Van Dyke explained it in song. Now, get that ear worm out of your head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I can see that image in my mind's eye of Dick Van Dyke jumping around and singing it. Boy are we dating ourselves, Lynette! LOL And yes, it is now playing in my head. Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stupendous!I love what you wrote for your first one--shenanigans. It made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smiles, there's another great S word that I should have included. It was so hard to narrow it down to ten. I'm so glad I made you smile, Coleen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amy and Debra, Found your comments in the spam folder and sprung them.

    Grrr!! We definitely need to change the filters.

    I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by and comment.

    ReplyDelete